Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The New Adventures of Buddy the Super Penguin

When we last left our hero (back in October), he was busy rescuing us from ... well, I guess from the evils of boredom. That was when Buddy the Super Penguin's career was in its infancy. Since that time, Buddy has added all sorts of superhero work to his portfolio. He told me a little while ago that he was here to protect me from meanies! Then earlier this week he told me that Buddy the Super Penguin was here to help with the housework. FOR REAL??? I can't think of anything that I would like more than for a superhero to do my housework! Buddy did a fabulous job too. He cleaned up all the toys in his room by himself. Then he made his own bed. He put things where they actually go and he did it all amazingly fast. I told Seth and Aleah that he might even be able to give them some pointers. They weren't so sure about that!


Sometimes Buddy the Super Penguin even does superhero work when he is not wearing his cape. Aleah has been sick for the last few days (actually longer than that, but this is her most recent illness) and last night she was lying on the couch, not feeling very well. Josh (this is Buddy's secret identity - but don't tell anyone) ran upstairs, yanked the quilt off his bed, dragged it down the stairs and covered Aleah up with it. How sweet and thoughtful is that? He kept telling us all night that Buddy the Super Penguin loves his big sister.

In addition to the new work he has assumed, Buddy has also updated his uniform. Grandma Turner made him a new Buddy the Super Penguin cape for Christmas. It is dang cute and Josh LOVES it!


Buddy has also acquired a new sidekick to help him. We started calling her "Super Girl", but she has recently informed us that she is "Super Anna". Super Anna's uniform includes a pink satin cape (also made by Grandma) and pink sparkly shoes - which are absolutely essential to her superhero work. The inability to locate the shoes is definite cause for having a tizzy fit. Super Anna's responsibilities include running around after the Super Penguin yelling "I run fast", and covering Aleah with blankets any time she finds her lying on the coach. Our two superheros make quite the pair!


We are so glad that we have Buddy the Super Penguin and Super Anna here to protect us from meanies, overcome the drudgeries of housework, nurse us back to health, and keep us safe from boredom! In all honestly, I can't imagine our lives without them!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Ok, these two kiddoes could not be any cuter. I LOVE Buddy the super Penguin and his sidekick Super Anna. Love, love, love it!

Natalie Scott said...

OH KAY, that is the cutest post EVER! Josh is going to make me laugh till my dying day, and Ana and her sparkly shoes will forever hold a special place in my heart. Such amazingly hilarious adorable kids!

Perhaps I could borrow Buddy and his sidekick for a little housework?

Jen Lee said...

How would you feel about lending me Super Penguin for a week or so?! I could use some extra help around the house :) I hope Aleah is feeling better!