Monday, January 24, 2011

Holidays Recap 2010

We started out or holiday festivies with Thanksgiving dinner with Evan and Robyn and Robyn's mom and sister. The food was delicious and the company was even better! Evan can cook a mean turkey (of course, he would never cook a nice one). And the dressing and pies and vegies, etc, etc, were YUUUUMMEEE! Thanks guys!
Here are the kids at the designated kid's table. Josh arrived representing the Indians at the first Thanksgiving .... hence the green war paint. However, he removed his traditional headdress for dinner.
Here is Josh in full Indian garb. He actually got the bow and arrow for Christmas, so he didn't have it for Thanksgiving dinner. But I guess he didn't need it since these were friendly pilgrims. The bow and arrow was ALL he wanted for Christmas. He talked about it non-stop before Christmas. He kept saying that he wanted to put the magazine he saw it in next to the fireplace on Christmas Eve so that Santa would know exactly what he wanted. Good thing Santa was able to figure it out!
The day after Thanksgiving, we went camping with friends. It was a little cold, but very fun. It was certainly a camping trip the kids will remember. It got below freezing that night and the condensation inside the tent froze to the walls. In the morning when it started to warm up, it was like a rain storm inside there!
The next morning, we played games and then went canoeing.
Of course, Josh (being Josh) fell in the lake. Seth rescued him, thank heaven! And then after we got him back to camp and cleaned up, Josh fell in the fire. Luckily, no harm was done. On the drive home Josh said "Good thing I didn't die! That really would have ruined the campout!" NO KIDDING!Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, my parents were able to come down and spend a week with us. They were able to go to both Seth's band concert and Aleah's orchestra concert. Seth plays the saxophone and Aleah plays the cello. They are both really enjoying it!
Grandma and Grandpa got to be here for Anna's birthday too.
Grandma took Anna to get a pedicure for her birthday. How spoiled!
When everyone got home, we had cake and Anna got to open her presents.
Grandpa got roped into reading Anna lots of princess books and playing princess paper dolls and "princess and horsey". He is such a good sport!
Christmas this year was wonderful! It was low key and easy. We just hung out with family and friends. Here are the kids in their Christmas Eve pajamas.
I sure love these kids! Being with my family is all I could ever wish for at Christmas!

3 comments:

Jan said...

"Good thing I didn't die . . " - I love that boy. He just makes me smile.

Natalie Scott said...

OK, I didn't know Josh fell in the LAKE! Hello! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. :) That kid is going to keep your life so fun and interesting.

Aleah looks so tall in these pictures! Is she getting tall? Or just growing normally w/out gaining any weight? Tiny thing.

Such a beautiful family, Andrea. You done good. ;)

Jen Lee said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends and love~ it doesn't get much better than that!