Seth and Aleah turned ten years old this week. Holy cow! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. I look at these pictures and wonder how on earth my babies got so grown up so fast. But before I burst out singing "Sunrise, Sunset", I'll move on.
We decided at the last minute to have a birthday party and it turned out to be a lot of fun. By the time we decided to have the party it was too late to mail the invitations, so the kids had to spend half of an afternoon driving around in the car and hand delivering them.
(Okay, I am going to semi-toot-my-own-horn here because I think the invites and cupcakes for the party turned out pretty darn cute, so I am posting them. It is only semi-tooting because none of these ideas were originally mine. I just copied ideas I found on the internet. But still ....)

We ended up having 17 of Seth and Aleah's friends over. They played games, ate pizza, watched the movie "Inspector Gadget", ate popcorn, opened gifts, and ate cupcakes. Yes, there was a lot of eating going on.
We all sang happy birthday to Seth and Aleah and watched them blow out their candles. I have to say that ten candles on top of one little cupcake looks like A LOT. The cupcakes were made with mini-marshmellows on the top. I, of course, thought it would be easy (which it was) and quick (which it was NOT). But in the end I think it was worth it and the kids thought they were great.
After they were finished with everything else, the kids had a silly string fight - per Seth's persistent begging. The next day, however, when Seth and Aleah had to clean the dried silly string off the deck, they were doing a whole different version of begging.
All in all, it was pretty fun. Happy Birthday Seth and Aleah! We love you and are so very proud of you!

4 comments:
You are super-mom! That party looks fabulous -- especially for a last-minute idea. Tons of kids and tons of fun. And how did they get so big, anyhow?!
what an awesome party! those cupcakes are THE CUTEST!! i cannot believe seth & aleah are seriously 10! that's crazy talk.
You are brave to have that many 10 year olds in your house at one time~ and giving them sugar on top of that ;) Looks like an awesome party and lots of fun!
WOW Andrea...good job! What a fun party it must have been. You really are a super-mom. Cute cute cute invites and cupcakes!
Boy we miss you guys.
Post a Comment